Monday, January 13, 2014

To Catch a Pirate by Jade Parker

Title: To Catch a Pirate
Author: Jade Parker
Type: Novel
Genre: Fiction
Series: No
Pages: 230
Copyright: 2007
Publisher: Point
Rating: 2.5 out of 5


Summary: from Goodreads.
Once caught, it’s harder still to let a pirate go
 

When Annalisa Townsend’s ship is set upon by pirates in search of her father’s treasure, one of the crew, James Sterling, discovers her in the hold. When he moves to take her necklace, she begs him not to, as it is all she has left of her mother. He accepts a kiss in exchange for the necklace. “A fair trade, m’lady,” he tells her afterward, before disappearing.
 

A year later, with a forged letter of marque, Annalisa is intent on hunting down the wretched James Sterling and reclaiming her father’s treasure from him. But now she’s in danger of him stealing something far more vulnerable this time: her heart.

Feelings:  
For anyone that knows me I have a feeling that just reading the summary will give you a good hint as to why I read this book. For everyone else, sorry I'm not letting you in on the secret. 

This book was predictable in many many ways. I really should not have liked it. That being said I enjoyed reading this book. Mostly because I found it amusing. Romance on the high seas as it were. 

Brain candy, sweet tastes wonderful while you are reading it but the end isn't all that good. This book should have ended two sentences before it did. I would have given it a rating of three instead of two point 5 if it had done so. The last two sentences just pushed it over the top for me. I don't know how I feel about recommending this book. If you decide to pick it up expect light reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment