Monday, March 24, 2014

The Warded Man by Peter V. Brett

Title: The Warded Man

Author: Peter V. Brett

Type: Novel
Genre: Fantasy

Series: Demon Cycle #1

Pages: 416
Copyright: 2009
Publisher: Random House

Rating: 4 out of 5


Summary: from Good Reads

As darkness falls, demon corelings rise — multitudes and giants, from fire, wood, and rock, hungry for human flesh. After centuries, humans dwindle, protective wards forgotten. Three young survivors of demon attacks, Arlen, Leesha, and Rojer, dare to fight back.

Feelings: 

I wasn't sure at first how I was going to feel about this book but I ended up really liking it. The story mostly follows Arlen as he leaves his village and travels, at first alone and later with a messenger to a free city. We see glimpses of Leesha and Rojer as the story progresses. They are all amazing characters and fun to follow. The idea for the corelings rising from the earth at night and hunting those that dwelling in light was an interesting one and I really enjoyed the world that was created. I also appreciate that we have an understanding of how the world used to be and how it ended up the way it currently is. There are many books that create a world that is amazing and then leave the reader wondering why it is that way and why the past was better than the present. This is not one of those books.

I highly recommend this book to those that enjoy a good fantasy novel. I should note that this book may be more appealing to the male reader than the female. That being said I am female and I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment