Monday, December 1, 2014

Clean by Alejandro Junger

Title: Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself

Author: Alejandro Junger

Type: Non-Fiction
Genre: Health

Series: Clean Gut and Clean Eats are of the same program

Pages: 352
Copyright: 2012
Publisher: HarperOne
Rating: 4 out of 5


Summary: from Good Reads

A Life-Changing Medical BreakthroughClean is an M.D.'s program designed to be easily incorporated into our busy schedule while providing all the practical tools necessary to support and rejuvenate our bodies. The effect is transformative: nagging health problems will suddenly disappear, extra weight will drop away, and for the first time in our lives, we will experience what it truly means to feel healthy.

Expanded Edition Includes:
New Introduction • New Recipes • How to Become Clean for Life


Feelings:
I thought this book had a lot to offer. I'm not sure that it is the solution for my current health problems but it did really bring home something that has become more and more clear as I have been reading about health, that the digestive system is what keeps us healthy. When we have a digestive system that isn't working we aren't healthy.Whether it is depression or actual problems in our gut there is so much we don't know about the workings of the gut and so much to learn in regards to it.

I will be taking some of the advise from the book and incorporating it into what I do. I already take probiotics but I think this is something that is really important in our modern world. I'm leaving 12 hours between meals so that my body has a chance to rest and I'm more conscious of what I come into contact with as far as my skin, hair, and breathing.

I don't know if I am ready for a detox like clean offers, but I think this is something I will be looking into more. I'm defiantly going to read Clean Gut and see if it has anything to offer me.

I recommend this book to those looking to learn more about how our current lifestyle affects our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment