Monday, December 29, 2014

Rumors by Anna Godbersen

Title: Rumors

Author: Anna Godbersen

Type: Young Adult
Genre: Fiction

Series: Yes, Luxe #2
Pages: 423
Copyright: 2008
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Rating: 3 out of 5


Summary: from Good Reads

As rumors continue about the untimely demise of Elizabeth Holland, an outwardly stricken Penelope Hayes determines to use any means necessary to claim her friend's pre-eminent place in 1899 Manhattan society and to get and keep the attentions of Elizabeth's former fiance, the wealthy Henry Schoonmaker."

Feelings: 
I liked this book but not as much as the first in the series. I thought I was going to want to read the books one after the other but after finishing this book I didn't really feel the need to pick up the next one right then. Maybe it has more to do with how busy I am but I thought I would have wanted to read the next one a lot more than I did.

This book focused more on Penelope and the maid Caroline from the first book. I didn't really enjoy Caroline as a character. That is why I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous one. I thought that Elizabeth and Diana were stronger characters and I thought more of the story could have focused on them.

Again, we started where we ended and I thought that was a nice touch.

I will be reading the third novel it just isn't as high on my list as I thought it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment