Thursday, February 12, 2015

Fruits Basket Volume 4 by Natsuki Takaya

Title: Fruits Basket, Volume 4

Author: Natsuki Takaya

Type: Manga
Genre: Shoujo

Series: Yes, Vol. 4 of 23

Pages: 199
Copyright: 2004
Publisher: TOKYOPOP Inc.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Summary: from Good Reads
When the infamous Akito makes an in-class appearance at the start of the school year, the Sohma family worries that his arrival will be an uncensored exercise of show-and-tell about Yuki's past. Meanwhile, when Ayame vows to rekindle his brother's lost friendship, he begins to realize that you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family - especially when they're acting like animals!

Feelings:
I thought this one was a little bit more romantic, sappy maybe. None of the characters seem to be aware of how they feel about the other characters. I'm wondering about the relationship between Ayame, and Shigure seems like there might be something there. Also between Ayame and Hatori. The really weird relationships seems to between all of the characters and Akito. I'm sure it will be cleared up in the next volume or so.


My text says something very different from this text, but I like the the drawings because Kyo is protecting Tuhru, but she doesn't get that at first because she is spaced out. My translation says "They don't put up any resistance, you know?" "It's annoying when girls get all assertive, don't you think?" "I guess so. She does look like she'll buy anything." "Maybe I should go talk to h--" I prefer this translation over what I found online but I guess this is the difference between the official translation and the translation you get the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment