Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Reading goals for 2015

This year I'm going to try and read a little more of a variety. I think I'm off to a pretty good start. I've read a couple fantasy novels, a collection of short stories, a romance, a few children's books, and non-fiction. The children's books are helping me teach as student I tutor reading. I have enjoyed them more than I thought I would though.

A lot of what I have read so far has been standard for me either fantasy or young adult fantasy. My favorite reading. However, after coming across a blog post about adding variety to our reading I'm going to try and do just that this year.

Here is the link to the article on The Book Riot.
My favorite of the 24 challenges laid out were to read:  "A National Book Award, Man Booker Prize or Pulitzer Prize winner from the last decade," "A book that someone else has recommended to you," and "A book that you would consider a guilty pleasure (Read, and then realize that good entertainment is nothing to feel guilty over)"

Here are my goals for the year different from those set out by The Book Riot. I may try and see if I can incorporate some of the 24 listed on The Book Riot for fun.

  1.  Read 10,000 pages.
  2. Read or Listen to 10 books of nonfiction
  3. Read 4 poetry collections.
  4. Read 4 books of short stories.
  5. Read 3 cover blind books.
Happy reading in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment