Thursday, August 2, 2018

Review: Rosemary and Rue

Rosemary and Rue Rosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is an interesting book for me. I don't read a lot of urban fantasy, because I don't care for it. I didn't care for this book for 75% of the book. I did like the ending. October was not a likable character, and for most of the book she pushed everyone away. I also didn't feel like I got a good feeling for the other characters in the story. By the end I had a handle on a lot of the characters, but they still didn't feel as developed as I would have liked. This is a series and I think this was just an introduction to it. I'm not sure if I want to continue or not. The ending almost has me convinced that it might be worth reading more. Also, I have read the Wayward Children series and loved it. I'm not sure why but I feel like I just read a book by a completely different author in Rosemary and Rue. I would have liked to see more of the lyrical fluid writing from the Wayward Children books. I know this was a different type of novel, but it was missing something.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment