Sunday, July 29, 2018

Review: The Fate of the Tearling

The Fate of the Tearling The Fate of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was the strongest book in the series, but like others I don't know that I like the ending. I loved the rest of the book though and it would have been a five star rating if the ending hadn't struck me as slightly off. Also, I had a few questions that weren't answered. I know in life we don't have all the answers so maybe in fiction we don't have all the answers either.

The relationships in this book were amazing. The Red Queen and Kelsea have had an adversarial relationship and in past books she was the main antagonist. Here we see her in a different light. I didn't think the character went through a big change it was just the way we see her. I liked many of the characters were more developed and we saw them in a new light in this book. Kelsea also seemed to have more dept of emotion in this book.

In the last book we saw Lily before the crossing. In this book we see Katie who is born after the crossing. The adults have not shared what the world was like before the crossing with the children. This is the beginning of the darkness that Kelsea sees in her time. I liked that we got more of the history of the Tearling in this novel. This novel is by far the strongest in the series, and I will recommend the series, but the ending was not as strong as the rest of the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment