Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Review: The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row

The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a powerful book. Anthony Ray Hinton spent 30 years on death row for a crime he did not commit because he was poor and black in Alabama. I listened to the audiobook and it was an emotional listen. It was very good though and I didn't want to turn it off. The narrator did an amazing job. I really enjoyed the discussion of the relationships the author built while he was on death row. I would recommend this book and I hope that maybe there is starting to be a change in our legal system to fix problems like this. Anthony Ray Hinton's story is not an anomaly. His story is the story of many who are wrongly accused. I would recommend you listen to this audiobook, we need to make a change to our legal system and the first step is understanding the problems.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment