Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Review: The Power

The Power The Power by Naomi Alderman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a hard book for me to rate. I found the ideas engaging. I thought about them when I wasn't reading the book. But I didn't connect with the characters or the story. I found myself at times bored when I was reading. However, I did think about the book when I wasn't reading. This isn't to say I always disliked all the characters, sometimes I liked some of them, but there was no time during the story when I liked all of the main characters. There were times I disliked all of them. So did I like the book, not really. Was it effective at getting me to think about the power structure in a new way, yes it was. I am glad I read the book but I'm not going to recommend it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment