Friday, July 13, 2018

Review: A Feast for Crows

A Feast for Crows A Feast for Crows by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoy A Song of Ice and Fire. I've listened to the audiobooks for the series and found them to be excellent. Before I started this book I read summaries for each chapter of the previous book. Starting this I was still a little lost. Then this is such a huge world that even between chapters I sometimes get confused about who is who. I've had been putting off reading this book in the hopes that maybe The Winds of Winter would be published soon. However, I realized that waiting was not going to work because it could be years. I'm glad I decided not to wait. I like the world and Martin creates and the characters are fascinating. This novel doesn't include all of the characters, but I was alright with that. I was surprised to have characters that I disliked in past novels be characters I enjoyed in this novel. I still don't like Cersei. She makes it so easy to dislike her.

I know that this novel is really half of a novel, but the ending did not feel at all like an ending to me. I'm glad that I have A Dance with Dragons that I can read otherwise I would be very unsatisfied. Some of the characters had what felt a little like an ending but the actual ending felt like a beginning.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment