Monday, October 5, 2015

Afterlight by Elle Jasper

Title: Afterlight
Author: Elle Jasper
Type: Novel
Genre: Fantasy Romance
Series: Yes, The Dark Inn Chronicles #1
Pages: 323
Copyright: 2010
Publisher: A Signet Eclipse Book
Rating: 3.5 out of 5


Summary:
Savannah's most unconventional tattoo artist, Riley Poe, lives on the edge. Now she's put over the edge when her younger brother is taken by a sinister cult led by vampires. Her only ally is the hot-tempered vampire Eli Dupre, attracted to Riley's beauty and rare blood type. To save her brother from certain un-death, Riley faces dangers she's never dreamed of, ruthless bloodthirsty enemies, and an evil of endless hunger that wants to devour it all...

Feelings:
I liked the cover of this book. Fantasy happens to be one of my favorite genres so I thought I would give the book a try even though it sounded a little like a darker version of Twilight. I'm very happy to say that the only thing that even slightly resembled the Twilight series was that there were vampires in the story. 

Riley was a fun character to spend time with. Although, she was a times a bit frustrating in her refusal to have help from anyone even when she clearly needs it. The Dupre family and the Gullahs added a nice bit of mythical to the story that I really enjoyed. 

I enjoyed this book a lot. It was what I consider brain candy. I've realized that of late I've been reading less "brain candy" and I needed a reminder that a little candy is nice sometimes as long as you eat a good meals the rest of the time.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment