Monday, November 30, 2015

Everdark by Elle Jasper

Title: Everdark
Author: Elle Jasper
Type:Novel
Genre: Fantasy
Series: Yes, Dark Ink Chronicles #2
Pages: 336
Copyright: 2011
Publisher: Signet
Rating: 3 out of 5


Summary: from good reads
When Savannah tattoo artists Riley Poe is ambushed by an undead enemy, she inherits some of the traits of her attackers-and a telepathic link with a rampaging vampire. Now, she's experiencing murder after murder through the victims' eyes. And her new powers will not be enough to stop the horror-or the unending slaughter...



Feelings:
Everdark is the second in the series and there were times when I want a little more intelligence from the main character. However, since this is brain candy, yum yum, I am willing to let the silly things that don't quite add up go.

This really was brain candy. Sex, kicking ass, and a little bit of danger. Then there is the mind control and awesome powers. I want to jump roof tops that just sounds fun. This all adds up to a fun read that shut off the brain for a while. 

This book doesn't have as much of a conclusion as the first in the series did but I felt less ravenous for the third book than I had after I finished reading the first book. 

While I sometimes wanted to hit Riley for her stupidity and lack of trust. "With trust there is no love" yet she claims to love so many people and then just blatantly ignore them. That gets old. I do like how spunky she is and how she wants to maintain her independence even when it probably isn't in her best interest. It can be hard to admit we need others. Riley still hasn't realized she might need a little help or might want to share the burdens with someone else sometimes and that is what I'm waiting for her to realize. I hope the author doesn't let me down but that is one change I really want to see in Riley before the series ends. 

Here's to a great brain candy novel. I shall not be shy about the joy I have gotten from this series. It isn't for everyone but when I'm reading it I'm absorbed and loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment