Saturday, March 3, 2018

Review: Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book

Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I thought this would be good since I have liked Jennifer Donnelly's other books. However, I didn't really end up liking this as much as I had hoped. It was written for a younger audience and the set up of the story was interesting but I didn't find the story one that held my attention. I also didn't think that there was anything new added to the retelling of Beauty and the Beast. This felt a lot like the movie and I was looking for something that added to the original story. While this had differences I didn't feel like the story ended up being that different from the original. If you want a truly original and new take on the story of Beauty and the Beast I would recommend Hunted by Meagan Spooner. It was amazing where as this book was just okay.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment