Sunday, March 11, 2018

Review: Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things

Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things by Jenny Lawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was amazing. Yes, it seems a little odd to say about a book about mental health. I would normally say I do not suffer from any mental health issues, but that wouldn't be true as I have a phobia that while isn't often present when it manifests itself is debilitating. As a result, I connected with many things in this book.

Besides a good laugh, a few tears, and amazing narration this book offers something to those that don't suffer from mental illness, a glimpse into the life of someone who does, and that is what I found most compelling. Also, the spoon theory really spoke to me. I have struggled with gastrointestinal issues and some days I just can't do the things I want to do, and now I'm just going to tell people "I'm sorry I can't do that because I'm out of spoons." I'm looking forward to their confused expressions.

You should really listen to this audiobook, it is one of the best I've heard in a long time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment