Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: Barefoot Season

Barefoot Season Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a really hard time picking between a 3 star rating and a 4 star rating. I dropped it done from 4 stars to 3 because after some thought the ending just didn't work for me and felt forced.

I really liked the book up until the ending. Michelle and Carly are brought together after 10 years apart. Their friendship was ruined before Michelle went into the army and neither have forgiven the other for the betrayal. I liked the idea of the Blackberry Island and how in the summer the blackberries and beautiful setting bring in tourists, but it is really just a small town and you can't escape your past in a small town. This for me is a story of friendship. However, it also tried to be a romance and I personally felt like it was just to much and the romance side of novel wasn't developed enough to be satisfying. I did enjoy the book a lot. It just didn't end in a way that was believable based on what I know of the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment