Saturday, June 23, 2018

Review: Beneath the Sugar Sky

Beneath the Sugar Sky Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my favorite book in the Wayward Children series. It takes us back to Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children. A new student, Cora, who was a mermaid narrates the majority of the story. She was a likable character and I found I enjoyed spending time with her.

This book was different from the previous ones in a few significant ways. One is that it take some of our favorite characters from Every Heart a Doorway and takes them on an adventure to help Sumi's daughter. As a result of the adventure we learn about the worlds. I didn't feel like I really understood the lay out of the worlds and this book really helped me to see that.

I would highly recommend this novella. It is by far my favorite in the series to this point.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment