Friday, June 29, 2018

Review: The Skylighter

The Skylighter The Skylighter by Becky Wallace
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is hard to find a series that is only two books these days.

The Keepers' Chronicles was well contained and the characters were easy to connect with. Rafi and Johanna were fun characters to cheer for. I liked how we got to see more of Rafi's brother Dom in this novel. He was more than just the Dukes second son who was easy going and liked to fool around. I like when I get to know a character and it isn't just me as the reader who didn't see their depth but also those know seemed to know them best.

There are some things that could have been better developed, such as why the wall was necessary between the Keepers and Santarem. The creation of the wall is touched on but I didn't really understand the conflict between the two kingdoms. However, for me this was the story of Santarem and the conflicts happening there. It was also about the relationships between the characters. I think the book got the characters right and I would recommend this series. The world of storyspinners, performers, and magic was one that I found intriguing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment