Sunday, May 7, 2017

Review: Devil in Spring

Devil in Spring Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked parts of this book more than the others in the series, but I also found parts of it to be the most frustrating.

After helping a Pandora Ravenel, whose dress got stuck, Gabriel, Lord St. Vincent, is accused of compromising Pandora. Pandora strongly protests and says there is no way she will marry him. At first Gabriel seems to protest the idea, but when Pandora says it will ruin her life if she marries, Gabriel seems to change his mind. This didn't seem quite right to me. I understand society dictates they marry since they were caught alone together. However, it seems like maybe the romance that resulted was not as real as it could have been. I didn't believe that Gabriel changed his mind about marrying Pandora as quickly as the narrative indicates he does.

I did enjoy the book and the romance does grow and become more believable as the book progresses. I'm really enjoying the series and will look for the next when it is released.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment