Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Review: Night Study

Night Study Night Study by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After the big reveal that came at the end of Shadow Study, it wasn't surprising that this novel continues to play off of that. Previous novels in the Study series had an end, however; the last novel and this novel did not have endings. Night Study picks up a few seconds after Shadow Study ends. I have a feeling that Dawn Study will pick up seconds after Night Study ends.

I devoured this novel. It was a fun read and the action was nonstop. Yelena, even without her magic, is a fun character. I thought this was the first novel were we really get to spend some time getting to know Valek. Shadow Study started us on the path of getting to know him, but this novel really gave us incite into his character. I liked what I learned. I almost wish the author would have split the point of view sooner so we could get to know the other characters. This time we have the addition of Leif as a narrator. I really enjoyed his narration. I didn't think I would as he sometimes came off as aloof and whiny. Janco continues as a narrator and his humor adds a light side to the novel.

I'm really looking forward to the next, and am hopeful maybe the author will keep writing in this world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment