Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Review: Golden Son

Golden Son Golden Son by Pierce Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was happy with the ending of the first novel Red Rising, and appreciated not feeling the need to read the second one immediately. I get burned out on stories if I read them back to back. That isn't always the case, but it happens often. This book has a little more of a cliff hanger ending, but I'm not in a rush to get the next novel. I think I'll enjoy mulling this one for a while. It added to the story in a way I wasn't expecting.

Darrow is one badass character. He is willing to get dirty, and he is human. He makes mistakes in this novel. He made mistakes in the first novel, but they didn't seem the same as the ones he makes in this one. Here I saw him more as someone lost and looking for a way to find who he is, and why he should continue. I'm not sure he figured it out by the end. He does have a mission/purpose, but is that going to be enough to get him through. Darrow had friends in the previous novel, but here he feels more alone. I'm hoping he finds those friends and relationships again.

I'm invested in the story and looking forward to the next novel. I absolutely love the world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment