Thursday, April 6, 2017

Review: After You

After You After You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This review contains spoilers for book one in the series.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about this book. I loved the audio book version of Me Before You and I just wasn't sure how a second book could add to the story. I ended up really liking this story, and I think seeing the grieving process added something to the story that I had not thought of before. Grief is all around us and it is often silent and not acknowledged. This book showed a different side, one I think is more realistic.

Lou is a fun but different character in this novel. I liked seeing her get over Will and move on with her life as he would have wanted. While I did not need this novel and didn't think it was as strong as the first novel, I still enjoyed the audio book immensely. I know many people aren't recommending the book but I think it worth seeing Lou engaging with life again and opening up again. Also, Sam is a great character. I would recommend this book because it adds nicely to the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment