Monday, April 24, 2017

Review: The Inventor's Secret

The Inventor's Secret The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this steampunk story set after the failed American war for independence. At first I didn't realize this was set in the past because it had more technology that would have been available at the time. When I realized it was set in the 1800s it was because of the talk about generations of families after the failed attempt to gain independence from Britain. I thought this was an interesting take on an alternative history.

I liked the characters in this novel. Ash, Jack, and Charlotte were fun to spend time with and I liked seeing the relationship between Jack and Charlotte change. Truthfully it had already started changing by the time the book opens. Charlotte, as the narrator, is just not ready to admit it yet so we don't see it.

I'm looking forward to continuing the series and seeing where it leads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment