Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Review: Magic Study

Magic Study Magic Study by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sometimes I need a break after reading a book in a series before I start the next one. This series did not feel that way to me. I wanted more of Yelena and Valek. This book had a different feeling than the first book did, but I still enjoyed it. I want to jump right into the next book in the series after finishing this one.

The setting is interesting and the characters are well developed. I enjoyed seeing Sitia after getting to know Ixia in the last novel. The two countries are very different, and I can see the appeal in each.

I have one thing that struck me as a little off in this book and the first. At the end of the first book the relationship between Yelena and Valek starts, and I had a hard time with Valek calling Yelena "love". I'm not sure why but it didn't quite sound right to me. Valek's dialogue sounds natural but I have a hard time with him calling someone "love." It started to feel a little more natural in this book. The relationship between Yelena and Valek, it's just that one word that caught me as off for the character. I am really enjoying their relationship, and I'm looking forward to it developing further in the last novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment