Monday, April 17, 2017

Review: Grave Mercy

Grave Mercy Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love the tag on this book, "Why be the sheep when you can be the wolf?" It doesn't give you the best idea of what will happen in the story, but it is a good introduction to our narrator Ismae, who is not going to be the pray. After a rough start to life, she joins the convent of St. Mortain, the god of death, and learns to become an assassin. During an assignment she has a run in with Gavriel Duval, and she is assigned to travel with him as his mistress to try and find out what treason is plaguing the Brittany court.

I liked how she has some small powers like immunity to poison, the ability to speak with souls of the dead, and the ability to see if people's souls are true. Duval was also an interesting character. At times I found Ismae to act rashly and without thinking, but Duval was steady. The contrast between them added to the enjoyment of the novel and their feelings for each other.

This novel started off a little bit slow, but it quickly picked up. I enjoyed it immensely and will look for the next in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment