Friday, April 14, 2017

Review: The Glass Maker's Daughter

The Glass Maker's Daughter The Glass Maker's Daughter by V. Briceland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book started out slow, and I felt like the vocabulary, sentence construction, and story were a little clunky. As the story progressed, around page 50, things picked up and I started really enjoying the novel. I think part of my dislike for the beginning of the novel was it was very descriptive and the story didn't feel like it was going anywhere. It took time for the story to open and the characters to develop. I wanted to like the book to start with but it wasn't until the characters started doing things that it got interesting to me.

I liked Milo, Camilla, and Risa. The story is told in third person from Risa's point of view. Risa was a little difficult at first, but she ended up being a fun character. I liked the slow romance between Risa and Milo. Camilla, Milo's older sister, was less developed, but she the one character I liked most in the story.

I liked the world the story was set in. Seven families who pledge their fealty to the crown through blowing a horn each night. This also keeps their home intact. I'll be interested to see the back story of the country developed as the series continues. I wasn't sure about this book at first, but I think I'll be reading the next in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment