Monday, April 24, 2017

Review: The Spymaster's Lady

The Spymaster's Lady The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The cover of this book does not fit with the story. Not even a little bit. I found that to be a bit disappointing. The story of Annique and Gray was interesting and I liked how they meet. Something I found very nice about the story was it was slow to reveal details about the characters. The point of view was from both Annique and Gray so we get peaks of the characters an outside observer.

I think the story moved slowly at points, and I wanted the romance to progress a little quicker. For a romance novel this was pretty tame, and the build up didn't seem to match the release at the end.

I'm not sure I will be reading more from this author. I did enjoy this novel, it just wasn't as good as I would have hoped.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment