Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review: And I Darken

And I Darken And I Darken by Kiersten White
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I expected this book to be fantasy, but it was more historical fiction. I still enjoyed it a lot. I was surprised I liked it as much as I did considering I was looking for a fantasy novel. One thing I really appreciated about this book was that Lada our main character was not a beauty and no one disputed they fact. She was not secretly pretty like so many young adult female characters. She was who she was an that did not include beauty. That didn't mean she was without power as a woman it just was where her power came from. I'd gotten tired of the "I'm so plain, but really I'm not plain but pretty," in young adult novels that when this novel didn't have that I was very pleased. All of the characters were human and that was nice. I recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment