Friday, February 3, 2017

Review: Red Rising

Red Rising Red Rising by Pierce Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure about this book when I started it. Maybe a little to masculine for me. I'm not sure exactly but I didn't really care for the lowReds that are essentially slave labor. They didn't think for themselves or if they did it was a death sentence. That aspect reminded me a little of The Hunger Games. The game between houses also was a little Hunger Games or Harry Potter.

After Eo dies, the book picked up and I enjoyed it a lot more. The world building on the surface of Mars was intriguing as was the society. I'm glad I don't live in this society. Your hair color reflects your status in life. An interesting way of deciding society and in someways true of our society.

The characters in this book were developed and real which I really liked. I wanted to be more surprised than I was by the ending, but it was still a good ending. There were only a few twists that really surprised me. However, I really enjoyed the book and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment