Saturday, February 18, 2017

Review: Red Queen

Red Queen Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I did not expect this book to take the direction it did. It felt dystopian to me but I'm not sure if it was. I'd like to know how there are two colors of blood silver and red. It is just a given in the story but it seems like something important that wasn't addressed. Maybe it will be in the rest of the series.

I really liked the characters. Mare was stubborn, and didn't give up when she was taken from her world and thrown into the world of the Silvers. Cal held my interest because I never know what to expect from him. This was because Mare didn't know either. I did like their relationship.

This book almost had a love square. (Is that even a thing when there is only one girl?) I won't say more than that, but where normally this would have bothered me in a novel I did not find it annoying in this story.

Overall, the characters were enjoyable and the story was engaging. I did think the book left a lot of questions, but I guess that is why it is part of a series. I will be continuing the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment