Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review: The Star-Touched Queen

The Star-Touched Queen The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wasn't sure about this book when I started it. It had the potential to be another princess who should have been ruler but wasn't a man possibility. However, I was glad that wasn't the case. I enjoyed the mythology that was used in this world. This is a fantasy world, but you can feel Indian mythology and the role it plays in the story. I really enjoy that in books, a touch from our world's history.

Maya is born under stars that foretell dark things in her future. As a result she is blamed for deaths in the palace, and she is ostracized. This would not have been interesting if not for her father who does not believe in the dark reading and wants to use her to end the war between kingdoms. It is after this that things begin to shift into fantasy and they got more interesting. When she is picking her husband another man appears and offers himself as an option. She takes that option and enters the Otherworld.

The Otherworld is from stories Maya told to her half sister and she is amazed by it. This story is full of secrets. I recommend it, and am looking forward to reading the next in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment