Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review: The Storyspinner

The Storyspinner The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an easy read and I enjoyed the story. I think I might have enjoyed it more if the there had not been so many points of view. It was hard to get to know the characters since it jumped every chapter. I ended up really liking it by the end because I'd gotten to know the characters by that point.

In the group of Keepers that narrated, I liked Pira and her brother Jacaré. They were very different people, but even though there was friction between them you could see they cared. I think I would have liked Leão but I was only starting to get a feel for his character when the book ended.

For human narrators only Johanna and Rafi narrated enough for me to get a feel for them as characters. I liked them both and felt some attachment for Johanna.

The biggest reason I'm not giving this a higher rating is because I didn't get a chance to really bond with the characters since the perspective kept changing. I did really like the story and I'll be reading the next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment