Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Review: The Trouble with Dukes

The Trouble with Dukes The Trouble with Dukes by Grace Burrowes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was the first book I've read by Grace Burrowes, so I'm not familiar with the characters in this novel, but many of them have been in her past books. This book was an enjoyable read. Yes, it had a predictable ending, but I wouldn't have been happy if the main characters hadn't ended up together.

Hamish, the Duke of Murdoch, and Megan Windham were characters that I enjoyed spending a book with. Hamish is haunted by his time in the war and has not fully moved on. However, after meeting Megan he finds himself fighting a different kind of battle. I found the comparison of the London season to a war amusing. This book had the romance and the passion that I like, but it wasn't over the top. I'll be looking for more books by the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment