Friday, February 10, 2017

Review: Cruel Beauty

Cruel Beauty Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Let me start by saying I wasn't sure how I felt about the cover of this book it didn't really do anything for me, but having read the book I find that I love the cover.

This book was more than I expected it to be. It was like Beauty and the Beast, so I had a pretty good idea how the story was going to end. Sometimes knowing the ending is not a bad thing and for me knowing the ending made this story stronger.

For the first few chapters the story did not interest me. Once Nyx gets to the castle and meets her husband Ignifex, the Gentle Lord, or the Lord of Bargains things get more interesting. This novel has a love triangle between Nyx, Ignifex, and Shade (the shadow prince). I found I didn't mind the love triangle as much as I might have in other books.

The book creates a magical world and I found I wouldn't have minded spending time there. The characters were interesting and I didn't want the story to end. I wanted to spend more time with the characters. I would definitely recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment