Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review: Illuminae

Illuminae Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

At first, I didn't think I was going to care much for this book. It is not your typical narrative. It is a collection of files that for a narrative of sorts.

Kady and Ezra escape from an illegal mining facility on a remote planet only to find themselves being chased and forced to speak to each other when they had recently broken up. I thought this would really annoy but I ended up liking their weird relationship.

I also was surprised to find I really liked AIDAN the artificial intelligence on the warship. Past science fiction novels that include an AI as a main character fell a bit short for me. I think the combination of places our information came from helped me see the AI in a different way and one I could enjoy.

I'm glad I gave this book a chance because I almost stopped reading it on page 15. I really enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment