Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review: The Queen of the Tearling

The Queen of the Tearling The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was recommended by a librarian, who thought I might enjoy it based on other books I was checking out. Most of the time the librarians talk with me about books I'm returning so I was a little surprised to get the recommendation without asking. It was a good recommendation for me. I enjoyed the novel and I'm looking forward to the next book.

I really liked Kelsea was an interesting character. I really enjoyed her when she hadn't seen herself in a mirror and started pining over her lack of looks. Before she was shown her reflection she seemed content with who she was and I appreciated that. However, she did become a little obsessed with her looks and others looks and that irked me. I'm hoping that she gets beyond that and is able to just be a kick ass heroine.

I did enjoy the book, and am looking forward to the next. So many questions about the magic in this most apocalyptic world that were unanswered.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment