Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Review: The Forbidden Wish

The Forbidden Wish The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This story has magic and a lamp but it is not the story you know of Aladdin. I'm glad it was different from the original story. I felt the back story added a lot to why Zahra, the jinni, was who she was and why she was found in an abandoned city full of jewels. I always thought that was strange. Why was the jinni's lamp there, and why was the city cursed? Now I have an answer.

Aladdin and Zahra had an attraction that I believed. Zahra is an interesting narrator. She is telling the story to the previous owner of the lamp and it takes a while to realize what that means. I don't think I can say much more about the story without giving anything away. I would recommend this novel, and I'm looking forward to the next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment