Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: Magic Bites

Magic Bites Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. The book was largely a summary of events rather than showing us the action as it happened. The story was in present tense, but the action scenes didn't feel tense to me. I never formed an attachment to the characters, and for the majority of the novel there was only Kate. I think that may have been part of what I struggled with, there just weren't enough characters and Kate was interesting but I didn't really feel an attachment to her. That doesn't bode well when it is a first person narrative.

Overall, it wasn't a bad book, and it was growing on my by the end. However, I didn't really feel like there was enough there to make me want to come back to the other books in this series. What it did have going for it was a very easy read, just not as gripping as I like. Maybe I'll be convinced otherwise, but this book just didn't make enough of an impression to convince me the others are worth reading.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment