Monday, February 6, 2017

Review: A Noble Masquerade

A Noble Masquerade A Noble Masquerade by Kristi Ann Hunter
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was really enjoying this novel up until page 150 when the main characters suddenly got replaced with characters almost exactly like them but that had suddenly developed religious zeal. For the main character Lady Miranda it felt out of character to me. It didn't feel quite right for Ryland either.

If religion had been part of the book from the start or if it had been less important to the characters in the last half I would have felt differently.

Here is the thing I liked the characters, story, and the setting for the first half of the book. The second half just felt like I got hit over the head with religion and the plot did not feel as tight. If the second half had been as good as the first this would have been a four star rating.

I really wish I had liked this book more but I can't because of the inconsistency of the second half of the novel.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment